Welcome to Namaste: Reincarnated. :)



The beans have officially been spilled: We are now the proud owners of the Namaste Brand of Handbags and Accessories for the Mindful Knitter. WHAT? How in the heck did this happen?! Well…

Earlier this year I reached out to my friend Kelly, the founder of Namaste, and asked if she was still interested in selling the business to us. She said YES! (A few years ago, she and her husband closed the business down after a divorce.)

You see, Kelly started Namaste in the mid-2000s, back when Jimmy Beans was still a 500 sq ft shop in Truckee, when Doug still had full time job elsewhere, and when none of us were quite sure if this “internet thing” was going to catch on (Facebook had just started!). You could say that Kelly and I grew up in the yarn industry together - and became lifelong friends as a result. We’d see each other - and hang out - at TNNA (the yarn industry trade show) and at Stitches and VKLive Events. We created some fun, special products together (anyone remember Stitch Red Oh Snaps?) and were constantly comparing notes about how to make our industry, our businesses, and ourselves - better.

Anyway, when the sh** hit the fan and she had to shutter the business, she called me & asked if I could take over. At the time, I just couldn’t make it happen… (remember the launch of beanie bags? the flood? We were busy beans!), but now - with Kelly’s guidance - we’re officially re-launching (reincarnating?) Namaste!

We’re bringing back some old favorites like the Oh Snap Pouches and Buddy Cases (Kelly and i compared notes and made improvements based on years of feedback from you). We’ve created some new goodies like the Knitter’s Train Case & Knitter’s Dot Journal. Handbags? We’ve updated the vegan leather & added some pretty awesome features to make them ever MORE knitter specific than before (a key leash that doubles as a tape measure? A decorative emergency stitch marker? A patent-pending lotus yarn feeder?! Yep. Stay tuned for a big reveal on the handbag line really soon!!)   

Anyway, it’s been a super fun, super crazy 6 months: traveling to china (twice), designing new products, getting to know the people who make them (Linli, Mr Chen, and Mr Qiu!), learning about manufacturing, materials & sustainability, and even getting to know more about ourselves - and WHY we are doing this.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be filming videos, taking lots of photos, and receiving our first shipment of knitting handbags. And don’t worry - our plan is to share everything with you as it happens, including some of the stuff that we’ve learned (and some of the people that we’ve met) along the way.  To be quite honest, this has been a life changing experience for both of us - and we’re so grateful to have you as part of it.

For now, Namaste… and Welcome to Knitting Nirvana.

- Laura (aka Jimmy) & Kelly.

you might also like

31 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so very happy to hear this! Back when I heard Namaste was for sale I had dreams of buying and continuing the brand but that wasn't possible for me. I am so glad Namaste is coming back! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD!! I still use my Namaste hand/knitting bag daily and can’t wait to update my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! So glad Namaste is coming back and has great new "home"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Harlowe and even went and got a few others to store if/when mine died. It's showing a lot of love (wear and tear) but I hope it's got a few years left in it! Glad to see the brand is making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved these bags! I splurged on two of them. Can hardly wait to see what new goodies are in store! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news ... and not at all surprising that the Namaste brand reputation for excellence has endured! With Kelly's kind permission, I featured my own personal Namaste Monroe knitting bag in the peacock color in the main cover photo for the PDF pattern release of my gkgreen designs original knitwear design “Celtic Ruana,” which made its public debut at TNNA in January 2012. Interest in the bag (still visible in the Ravelry pattern listing photo) is such that I still get questions about it more than six and a half years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certify that I am not a robot ... ☺️ and if you click on the link "G. K. Green / gkgreen designs" in the header of the post above, you can see that main cover photo incorporating the peacock-colored Monroe bag by Namaste! ��️��

      Delete
  7. Hello, everyone. I decided to open my own small business and start earning. I consulted with many friends and searched the internet for information. Finally I came across an article on multiple communication channels which helped me a lot. I had been unable to solve the question of customer support for a long time, but this article put everything in its place. Everything was explained very intelligently and simply. I understood how to work with the customers, and how to optimize the work of support. By choosing the right strategy my team began to work much more efficiently and of higher quality. As a result, the production went up and my business began to flourish thanks to this article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice blog and I know Kelly started Namaste in the mid-2000s. Then I was looking for the app business plan because I am a application developer and making apps. So I wont the business plans for it. I can easily create applications for your business as per your need.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Namaste: Reincarnated is really very authentic and valuable services for the new consumers to having these types of activities which are so helpful and creative like to having the most essential cars of Proton Motors Pakistan which are so adorable in very low price car for sale in Pakistan, their cars are realistic and valuable in all over Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn’t have any expectations concerning that title, but the more I was astonished. The author did a great job. I spent a few minutes reading and checking the facts. Everything is very clear and understandable. I like posts that fill in your knowledge gaps. This one is of the sort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are fantastic. I'm a fan of yours. I read your posts on a daily basis fireboy and watergirl adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so very happy to hear this! and the information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. I know a writer named John Smith working in a firm of UK. I usually pay to do my dissertation that is very cheap in rate and he always submit me my work on time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all interesting I'm not tired of reading at all. Your article is very interesting. I want to read it every day. You have really creative ideas. all bet download

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an inspirational blog of today, in fact its my first visit. I am waiting to gather new outcome from your side. Hopefully this will be useful Ryan Reynolds Spirited Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  15. Creative and impressive website i have find right now, and this is exactly what i was finding. Thank you to deliver this content.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of very useful information, in addition to being a very good article. I just wanted to let you know that I have started reading your site and that I have bookmarked it for future reference. Many, many thanks for contributing this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really a nice article. Thank you so much for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely, it will be helpful for others.

    ReplyDelete

  21. truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this!

    ReplyDelete

  22. It’s very nice. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. it was really great for me – I was looking for such a thing

    ReplyDelete

  24. Thank you for the very useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello, good day, this page was very enjoyable for me and I really enjoyed its content. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your excellent blog, nice work keep it up thanks for sharing the knowledge. Skeleton Black Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  27. Superb! i am so surprised now after find this amazing content on your web. Keep it up and continue to post more idealise topics.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for a wonderful share. Here is the great example related to you blog.
    Shining Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  29. An noteworthy styling of work i am watching presently. Much obliged to provide an charming words collection. arsenal jackets

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme