A pinafore for Penelope...


Here Penne is giving her opinion of the thread color




Bethany came to me recently and said let's make this pinafore for Penelope, so of course I was all over it!!

It's a fantastic pattern from 'Smashed Peas and Carrots' and the designer is Maggie who is the brain child behind this fun blog.








Laying out the pattern was easy peasy!




The pattern is clearcut with a PDF template and great step by step tutorial. Thanks Maggie. Bethany had fallen in love with Tim Beck's Apple Jack collection, so she chose her fabric in about two seconds!! For her outer fabric she chose the ABC's in cream and for her lining she used the Apples in Ivory.

The one thing that was a little challenging was cutting both pieces (4 layers) of fabric at once, so when I make this again, I will cut them separately. Of course that is up to each individual sewer.







Hi Dad, I am so stylish!!






Penne is currently in 12-18 month sizes right now and the pattern is written for 6-12 months, but it is definitely roomy on her. That's great however, as she will be able to wear it longer than a week, ha ha!! You know at this age these little ones just grow like weeds!! 








Look at my big read buttons,
and my cuteness is well, just plain cute!





Bethany says that Penne won't be actually wearing the pinafore until she can walk, but let me tell you that it is really close. She is about 10 months old as I write this and is cruising all over the place, on furniture, with her little wheeled cart and we don't want to forget her ottoman pushing excursions!!










Hey let me in!!


I had so much fun hanging out with these 2 lovely ladies and can't wait to see Penne running around in her pinafore!!

Thanks again Maggie for such a fun design and I hope if you are new to sewing that you will stretch your abilities and consider making this for a little one that you might know.

As always, happy knitting, crocheting and sewing!

Jeanne

you might also like

time beck

2 comments:

  1. I used to make a pinafore just like this one for my daughter when she was a toddler and she just turned 44 today. Just shows you that some things never go out of style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MCA Live Transfer Leads professional guarantees to deliver Qualified MCA Aged Leads with precise and updated knowledge prepared for conversion MCA Live Leads.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme