Happy New Year!!!



Well here we are on the second day of 2012 and I am excited to see what the new year brings to me personally and, of course, to the shop. This last year has been so crammed full of changes and excitement that I don't know how there could be more coming, but I happen to know that there are several HUGE things in the works for this year. Unfortunately, you need to wait to find out, as I have been sworn to secrecy...hee hee I am a stinker!

In my post last week about resolutions, I got some great comments from you all and I also polled all the little beans too...what great ideas and comments:

CrochetBlogger said
"I'm joining Surmount the Stash hosted by Revelations of a Delusional Knitter to get control of my yarn stash. To me this does not mean that I don't buy new yarn but that I'm more selective in the process so that I buy yarn I truly, truly love. And it's a goal of mine to do more charity crochet this year."

Monika said:

"Putting my Zen-ness of body and soul and my personal life first for a change. that is going to be a tough one for me, but necessary!"


Lianna said:

"If I make it public, then I'll feel the pressure to actually do it. Yikes! I usually don't like making New Year's Resolutions, but monthly goals. These seem to be the same every year but the first one is new since I work at JBW and finally have time to do it.
1. Learn to knit. 2. Write more. 3. Practice Spanish so I don't lose any more of it. 4. Exercise more."

Jane
said:

"It's my goal to get my home decluttered and clean (check out Flylady.net) so I can be happy there and spend hours knitting without guilt and have places for all my craft stuff to live and actually be used. Wow. My senior English teacher would have red marks all over that sentence, God rest her soul."

Tiffany's New Years Resolutions, for the body, mind and spirit:
"1) Train to run a 5k by the start of this summer and a 10k by late fall. 2) Register and attend at least one class each semester at the community college. 3) Focus on one interest on each month (this can be salsa dancing, volunteering, crocheting, car mechanics, etc.) and learn as much as I can about it."

MaryjoO said:

"I'll join you with your #1 and #5, adding improving diet BIG time, working on WIPs, working on using yarn I really love (have already given away plenty of stash to other loving homes) .... we could all go on and on. But always thrilled "you" are here for us LOL."

Sharon said:
"My new years resolution is to be more conscious of what I eat and to limit my intake of processed foods."

Laura (aka Jimmy) said: "
"To go to pilates at least once a week!!"


livin4fishin
(Nicky) said:

"Here's a short list of a couple of my 2012 goals:
1. On the fitness front: Run the "Mom's on the Run" 5k on mom's day. 2. On the food front: Lose 60 more lbs (I have lost 70lbs so far). 3.On the crafting front: Try to knit one pattern a month from one of my books or magazine stash. I do have a couple more goals, but if I accomplish only these 3 I will be very happy and satisfied!"

Amanda said:

"I don't typically make new year's resolutions. My only thought on January first is "it's a new year." I think that in itself reminds me to let past stresses go and start the new year on a good foot! Though maybe this year I will resolve to remember to type in "2012" instead of "2011" each time I write the date..."

Leanne said:

"Gain weight (she is skinny as a stick), exercise 4 days a week, give up dairy and eat more veggies."

Sasha said:

"My resolutions are to knit more, get more exercise, and to work on my posture which is weak."


Amber said:

"To be more awesome...I know, I'm not sure how that is possible either...

I love each and every one of these!! I am inspired and awed by all of these amazing changes you are all willing to commit too!

I, Jeanne am sticking with my original list:

1. Exercise (I have already started walking at least 4 days a week)

2. Commit 70% of my diet to raw food (always working on this one)

3. Finish my projects (again, always working on this one)

4. Add 3 designs to my Battle Born Knits line (sadly, I have several ready to be test knit and just have to follow-up, sigh)

5. Learn something really new once a month

I look forward to supporting each other throughout the year and thank everyone for being brave and letting me post these! HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

As always, happy knitting, crocheting and sewing!!

Jeanne

P.S. Have you seen our latest catalog yet? It’s 48 pages of pure, 100% Rowan. Visit www.jimmybeanswool.com/catalog to sign up for your free copy!


you might also like

zen

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for an insightful and useful post. The web is a better place with you writing!

    nightclub guest list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you for such a nice comment...blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Article. Thank You For Posting This Kind Of Awesome Blog! Surely Inspired Thru Reading Your Post. Visit My Site: Air separation unit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technologistan is the popoular and most trustworthy resource for technology, telecom, business and auto news in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme