Be Sweet- Simply Sweet!

We couldn't be more excited to share with you some really "sweet" new products from Be Sweet! We've been working with Be Sweet for years, not only because they offer high quality products at a reasonable price, but because they are an upstanding, highly ethical company!

Be Sweet yarns are made with a whole lotta love! They offer a range of fibers from mohair to bamboo to organic cotton. Their products are produced by artisan women in South Africa who hand dye, ball, and add specialty accents to each product. Be Sweet's local office is in Sausalito, just across the hill in California.





We are most excited to tell you about their new collection of yarn, Simply Sweet! It is Be Sweet's new "basics" range and includes two yarn lines: Whipped Cream and Satisfaction. Whipped Cream is 45% kid mohair, 45% wool, 10% silk and is a yummy worsted weight fiber with a soft, elegant sheen. Satisfaction is 60% wool, 20% kid mohair, 20% superfine alpaca and is a warm sport weight fiber with a unique blend of South American alpaca and South African mohair. Both yarns are available in 10 gorgeous colors including Persimmon, Moss, Sapphire, Chestnut, and Steel.




None of these yarns would be possible without this fantastic lady, Nadine Curtis. Nadine was born in Boulder, Colorado. She lived in the mountains until she was 10 and then moved to New York until college, when she headed back out west and went to University of Colorado.
Six months after she married a South African, they decided to move to Cape Town for an adventure. And what an adventure it was!! When they had a baby they thought they'd better get back to their "real lives."
We sat down with Nadine and grilled her with some really tough questions!

JBW: What was the first album you ever bought?
Nadine: Grease! Go Grease Lightning!

JBW: In a previous life, you were...
Nadine: A French Fashionista. :)


JBW: Do you have a garden?
Nadine: I'm quite the brown thumb at the moment :( … hopefully this will change with age :)


JBW: What's your favorite possession?
Nadine: Great Aunt's pinky ring - made in the 20's - I love love old jewels.


JBW: What's the next big adventure?
Nadine: I'm hosting a Knitter's Tour to South Africa in February 2012.

We don't want to keep all the sweets for ourselves! We are giving away a ball of the new Be Sweet Bubble Ball yarn in either colorway, Africa or Wildberries. To enter, please leave a comment on our blog below telling us your favorite sweet treat for the holidays by Tuesday December 13th at 6pm PST. (Only one per person, please!) And be sure to check back on Wednesday when we announce the winner.

To find out more about Nadine and Be Sweet, you can check them out here:

Website: http://besweetproducts.com/
Blog: http://waggledancing.wordpress.com/

To learn more about their adventures in South Africa, check it out here!



Thanks and good luck!
Bethany

P.S. Have you seen our latest catalog yet? It’s 48 pages of pure, 100% Rowan. Visit www.jimmybeanswool.com/catalog to sign up for your free copy!



South Africa

you might also like

organic cotton

89 comments:

  1. My favorite sweet treat would have to be peppermint mochas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite sweet treat for the holidays is eggnog cookies. Delicious, and of course it's fun to lick the bowl after baking them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, I would have to say pumpkin pie across the board. Thanks for asking, and for offering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Snickerdoodle: Cookies AND frozen yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies! soo good, especially when you use the good chocolate chips

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite sweet treat for the holidays is chocolate Seafood filled with hazelnut praline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a weakness for fudge, mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pannetone for the holidays and now I can get a gluten-free version so I can really celebrate this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homemade Cinnamon hardy candy <3 My Mom-in-law makes the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a toss-up between Pumpkin Spice Latte and Peppermint Mocha Latte.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Warm from the oven chocolate chip cookies....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta be fudge paired with a peppermint white mocha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frango candy cane mint chocolate! I like to drop one in a coffee and Bailey's. When the coffee is done there is a melty sweet treat at the bottom. They only sell these around Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love eggnog kringle - it's a soft cookie w/a light eggnog flavor that you wrap in a knot and dust w/powdered sugar. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered candy cane kisses when St. Nick brought some for the kids. Oh, are THEY addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm... So much yumminess to choose from but would have to settle on Nuts and Chews form See's Candies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom makes these awesome jelly center cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cookies, warm from the oven, are always a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like Cadbury caramels anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Egg nog (non-alcoholic version) is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love chewy ginger snaps. It's a a newer recipe that I've started using & oh goodness, they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eggnogg and danish butter cookies

    ReplyDelete
  24. Favorite sweet treat is shortbread dipped in dark chocolate. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  25. jamcake and egg custard :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Peppermint Hot Chocolate - YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cake truffles! I need to make some soon, if I can find time in between my frantic holiday knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It would not be Christmas at our house without yummy sugar cutout cookies for Santa. The best part of course are all the messy sprinkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. My father's Pumpkin Cheesecake with chocolate sauce. Although this year he made it with a salted caramel top and it was equally as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We have a family recipe called "Pearl's Delights". Those are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My favorite Christmas Eve dessert to make & definitely to eat is Peppermint Brownie Torte with Chocolate Ganache. And yes, it is just as decadent and sinfully amazing as it sound!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My Mother's old recipe for "Mexican Wedding Cakes" - absolutely melt in your mouth little crescent cookies, rolled in powdered sugar. Lots of butter in them, too! Addictive, but it's only once a year (if that)!

    ReplyDelete
  33. White chocolate popcorn - - - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. White Chocolate Peppermint Candy Fudge!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Home made divinity is my favorite Christmas treat.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My favorite Chirstmas goodie fresh cranberries dipped in white chocolate. They are yummie and easy to make. I am making them this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. My favorite is toffee, but might have to forgo it this year due to braces...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Star Surprise is by far my favorite holiday sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Definitely iced sugar cookies cut out in all the fun Christmas shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love my Grandmothers divinity!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. white chocolate covered popcorn.mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  42. My favorite sweet treat is homemade chocolate fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Puppy chow! It's chex mix with peanut butter and chocolate mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  44. My favorite holiday sweet is Norwegian krumkake.

    ReplyDelete
  45. italian snowball cookies

    ReplyDelete
  46. These sound yummy, can't wait to get my hands on them. PattiO

    ReplyDelete
  47. One of my favorite sweet treats that I always made with my mom, was candy cane cookies. They're sugar cookies, mint-flavored, and halved with one half colored with red food coloring, then twist together. Simple, but so sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I think my favorite is whichever one is in my mouth at the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm having difficulty coming up with just one, so I'm going to just say "cookies"

    ReplyDelete
  50. My favorite treat are cookies made with my grandma's recipe called melt aways.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered Peppermint Joe Joe's!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. My favorite holiday sweet treat is peppermint ice cream with dark chocolate fudge sauce. I stock up when I see it because one year... they ran out of it all over town!

    ReplyDelete
  53. My favorite holiday sweet treat is annually making Chocolate Crinkle Cookies for my brother. Now he is a family of 5 and gets home from work to his two yr old girl full of powdered sugar and when asked if she was in the cookies, shakes her head yes and answers no. The tradition will live on. Thank you JBW for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I was introduced to Oatmeal Carmelitas last year. Holy Chocolate-and-Caramel, are those good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. My favorite Christmas treat is my husband's chocolate pecan cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  56. My mom's Christmas cookies, for sure. She makes so many varieties, and each one is better than the next! I also love peppermint bark and good old fashioned hot cocoa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love cake and Oreo balls. I can't seems to stop eating them when they are around.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I have to say it is our family recipe for Butter tarts, they are wonderfu.

    ReplyDelete
  59. My favorite sweet @ Christmas is a homemade dark chocolate fudge that incorporates a layer of mint fudge...Tastes like Andes mints!

    ReplyDelete
  60. My favorite Christmas treat is homemade shortbread and eggnog.
    Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  61. My favorite is peanutbutter balls or sometimes called "buckeyes".

    ReplyDelete
  62. Candy Cane cookies. We make them every year on Christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My favorite sweet treat is fruit cake and eggnog. But that is after going to see Christmas lights in local neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  64. My favorite holiday treat is RUM CAKE. After my mom passed, I became the rum-cake-baker. I am honored to carry on this tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love my dad's speckleaas biscuits - I think as I like to say the last part alot - "aaaaas biscuits please :)" He has been making these in the traditional way since I was a little girl for christmas and it always makes the house smell like christmas

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love Bourban Black Walnut Pound Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Awesome article! Will have to try the yarns! My favorite Christmas treat would be frosted sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  68. At Christmas, I love white fudge with cranberries and almonds! Thanks for offering the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  69. my favorite treat is pepprkahar, which is a Swedish ginger cookie. They are a tradition in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is a tough one, but I would have to say gingerbread. So good (though peppermint bark is a very close second).

    ReplyDelete
  71. We make caramels. The scent of them as they cook is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Peppermint bark! i love that stuff....my 2nd fav is homemade marshmallows :-)
    happycrafter207 on ravelry
    loris4563(at)aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Sugar cookies with frosting! Yum....

    Dlh426 on Ravelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Our family's made our own cranberry ice cream for more than 70 years. Thank goodness we have an electric one and grocery stores now, instead of a hand crank and chipping ice out of the creek with an ax!

    ReplyDelete
  76. If Check the two finishes of the USB link are solidly embedded. Assuming the printer offline is arranged then ensure the Ethernet link is immovably embedded. If that the printer is remote actually take a look at your web association or ensure it's associated with your switch.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme