Springtime Bandit KAL- The end is nigh!

Hello everyone and welcome to the final Springtime Bandit KAL blog post! For those of you who are just now joining us, never fear! I’ll still be posting on the Ravelry group and I'll be available for help and questions for the next month or so. I hope you’ve found the blog posts helpful! If you are just getting started, be sure to check out the blog post tutorial on the Provisional Cast-on used for this pattern. A number of people have found it helpful.
In the meantime, I have a few more WIP’s and an FO to share! Courtney from The Fibre Company is participating in the KAL with us, and she is using a new color of the Fibre Co’s Terra yarn for her shawl. The color is called Belladonna and don’t worry, well be ordering this new color soon! :) Isn’t it gorgeous? I just love it and can’t wait to see it in person!

Courtney's Bandit in "Belladonna"
Also, Forensicgirl on Ravelry, who used to work for us here at Jimmy Beans when she was finishing up her schooling, knitted this gorgeous version in the Fibre Company Terra- Black Walnut. It is shown here being blocked, and it is awesome! Nice work Sara!
Sara's Bandit in "Black Walnut"

Sharon, my JBW Partner in Crime (aka. my co-team lead in Customer Service) is knitting this in a simply amazing color of Malabrigo Twist called Liquidambar. It is truly stunning and this picture doesn't even do it justice. This is Sharon's 2nd Bandit Shawl--she knit one out of Berroco Remix yarn earlier this spring. One could easily knit 2 of these. They move along quite quickly and the pattern is super well-written. Isn't Sharon's 2nd Bandit gorgeous?



Sharon's "Liquidambar" Bandit


Lastly, I am ALMOST finished with mine. I so wanted to be done in time to have it at least blocking for you this week, but time got away from me this last weekend... darn it! Here is the most recent photo I have of it. It is definitely going to be as large as I intended:
Kristen's "Mint" Bandit
A close up of the beginning
of the final chart.

I promise to post FO pics on Ravelry next week. And hopefully I’ll be able to post it on the blog too! In the meantime, if you are participating, feel free to stop by the
Ravelry thread and post a WIP or FO photo, or send me an e-mail with your FO and I can do another post later on! Looking forward to seeing those lovely shawls!
I hope all of you are having a great week! Don’t hesitate to e-mail me with questions or issues with the pattern. I am happy to help! My e-mail is: kristen(at)jimmybeanswool(dot)com.
Thanks to all of you who participated or are still participating in the KAL, and as always, happy knitting!
Kristen
PS- Beans for Brains 2012 Scholarship Program! Don't just apply- Donate!
JBW and 9 other sponsors will be matching YOUR donations dollar for dollar during the month of November (each sponsor will be matching up to $1,000 each, for a total of $10,000) to the Beans for Brains Scholarship fund. We will be accepting donations here and in our retail store with the targeted goal of raising $10,000 from all of YOU for a total of $20,000 in awards!! Together, we can help Craft a Higher Education! Track your donations on our Beans for Brains Facebook page!!


you might also like

The Fibre Company Terra

10 comments:

  1. When you want to unwind, play octordle which is my favorite game and really aids in stress relief. This is an intriguing topic that I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Jacketoria, I recently purchased the best outfit of my life, and I am astonished by what I got. It was the best place to shop for lovely clothing. Destiny 2 Root Of Nightmares Raid Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this post! Your writing is so engaging and informative, and I learned so much from reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lack of respect this best wikipedia page creation service receives surprises me. This blog is extremely excellent, in my opinion. It requires more advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this winter season, you want to do something new in terms of fashion, so I will advise you to use this Chris Hemsworth Extraction 2 Cotton Jacket, which makes you beautiful and protects you from the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really amazed to read this blog post. It is so unique and informative halloween jackets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our mind-blowing MENS CAFE RACER JACKET collection holds immaculate beauty and elegance for you. Shop your favorites at Discounted Rates from The Jacket Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog that I just read genuinely amazed me. It is incredibly original and useful halloween jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Springtime Bandit KAL concluded with helpful blog posts, diverse yarn choices, and inspiring projects. Participants like Courtney, Sara, and Sharon showcased their skills and dedication to the KAL. The supportive community and involvement in the Beans for Brains 2012 Scholarship Program further enriched the experience. estate lawyer fees

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme