Fall Is My Favorite Season...

My Hawthorne trees are making a lovely yellow carpet





We are having the most spectacular fall here in Reno and since it's my ALL TIME favorite season of the year, I thought I would share a little Reno fall with all of you!










My grapes were yummy this season!


My favorite part of fall has to be the crisp mornings and warm afternoons. I love to walk through the leaves in my yard and hear them crunch under my feet. Of course, we have about 65 trees on our property, so we pretty much rake leaves year round. In the fall, however, we should rake just about everyday to keep up with the flux of fallen leaves.





Here in Reno, we don't get lots of bright colored leaves like in New England, but we still have a lovely high desert fall here 'bouts! 




Of course, I have knitting on my mind (hmmmm...that's all the time not just in the fall...sigh:) and Sandy and I are going be working up Kate Davies AMAZING Sheep Heid hat!! We are not exactly sure yet what yarn we will be using, but I will keep you posted on that front! 

The issue on this one is getting all 9 natural colors in the same line...or wait...maybe we could mix and match textures?? What do you think? 

We have been discussing the new Rowan Fine Tweed and possibly adding some of the Isager Alpaca 2 to fill in some of the gaps. I like the idea of some texture changes to bring out some of the charming details in this great design. Baaaaaaa....what's not to love?? 

I hope this whets your appetite for some fall knitting fun and for those of you who prefer another season, hang in there...three more to go :)

As always, happy knitting and crocheting!!

Jeanne

P.S. I can't keep up with all the new happenings around the shop anymore (yes there was a time that I knew everything there was to know about everything around here), so I read out twice monthly (FREE) Newsletter to keep up to date on everything JBW!! Remember that we never, EVER share your information with anyone...so check it out...I know you won't be sorry!

you might also like

sheep heid

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme