Happy 1st Monday of the New Year!!

I hope you all had a GREAT New Years celebration on Friday. I can tell you that I sure did (I was in bed by 9:30 :) ha ha! My son spent the evening with Sara while my honey and I watched a movie, yipped a couple of times and went to snuggle up with the cat! Meow! I slept late the next day and continued working on my resolution to reorganize my stash and create a better work space.


Sandy came by that evening and 'shopped' through my stash (that's right you heard me) I am doing some stash purging...sigh... It's hard, but necessary! This will do 2 big things for me:
1. Create more space for bigger and better stash.
2. Organize my a WIP's (works in progress) and frog projects into boxes in my closet.
Woo hoo! Of course we knit for a while and had some Chicken Tortilla soup with some cookies before and after the soup, yum!





To the right is my closet with my some what organized stash in file boxes. Note the sticky notes which will eventually give way to box 1, 2, 3 and so on! I am going to computerize my stash, so that I will know what is in each box and be able to find it when I want it, what do you think?

Okay, okay so it's not there yet, but as Elizabeth Zimmerman is my witness I will never be disorganized again!!!!

I must confess as to what the catalyst for this makeover has been...it's Sandy's fault! She teases me with projects and well I had to find my stash of Rowan Cashsoft Aran in Aubergine; darn it I know I have enough to work up The Looking Glass Sweater from Ewetopia Fiber Shop.


After rumaging around I did finally find my yarn and also had some lovely Noro Silk Garden for the looking glass portion of the sweater and here is a current pic of my progress on said sweater.


I must say I am very pleased and have now made room for more wonderful yarn in my stash!
I am sorry to say that the Cashsoft Aran is a discontinued yarn, but the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran would be a perfect substitute for this great project.



So with all of that said here is a picture of the top of my desk which I haven't seen most of 2010 and am really excited that I will be able to work on it soon!

My dad made this desk when he was in Junior High (now referred to as Middle School) in wood shop and I have never had the heart to let it go. I think for a 73 year old hand made desk it's holding up pretty well. It's really not the best desk, but it's my desk and I am going to use it all the time and will keep you posted as to the cleanliness of said desk through out the year.


I will be moving it to a spot with a window and that should make it a much more pleasing work space. The crazy chair is from my Pollack painting everything in sight period of art and I like that too, ha ha!

I admit that I am a bit nuts, but it's okay for today!


Here's wishing you all the best 2011 that you can have and hoping that all your fiber dreams come true!

As always happy knitting and crocheting!

Jeanne

you might also like

Rowan

4 comments:

  1. I love how your looking Glass is working up! I bought this pattern in Ewetopia Fiber Shop...but haven't gotten around to it yet. It sits in my Ravelry queue...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, your Looking Glass Sweater is gorgeous! I love that berry color ---L I B, That is exactly what the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran Yarn color is!

    DON'T YOU EVER PART WITH THAT DESK your Dad made! Someday you may want to gift it to a desk-worthy Grandkid. ♥♥♥

    Happy New Year to Yous Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That desk is a treasure - don't let it go! I can't believe a kid made that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the desk is here to stay and will most likely be passed around among future (way future) grand kids!

    Thanks for the kudos on the sweater and I agree with DB Cashmerino Aran is perfect in color too! One of my other friends is doing it in 2 Noro's and I can't wait to see that combo!

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme