FO Friday/ WIP Weekend

Hi everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great week! We’ve been busy around here as usual! I just have a couple of FO’s to share this week and a few new fun projects to share with you all too!


Last time I posted, I wrote about the darling little flower that Jeanne knitted for Sandy from the Brave New Knits Book. Well, she didn’t stop there. Our creative knitting genius (Jeanne of course) took the same flower motif and made Sandy a sweet little pair of cuffs out of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. How beautiful are these? Sandy is one lucky lady! Jeanne--my birthday is in April, and I like purple...hint...hint...wink...wink...


I managed to put in some good knitting time over the weekend and I finished my Annabella’s Cowl! Hurray! My first FO of 2011! I’ve been wearing it all week just because I really wanted to, even though it’s a tad warm for it here in Reno. I really love the way it came out and I’m so glad I made it a bit larger! I’m 5’11”, so I knew I needed mine to be a bit wider than everyone else’s to work with my broad shoulders. I am so happy with the way it turned out!



Using one ball of Kidsilk Haze (in Dewberry) with 1 skein of Madelinetosh Merino DK (in Amber Trinket), I cast on 8 extra stitches and knit in K4, P4 for the first 8 inches. Then I increased one stitch in the middle of each purl section (11 increases total) and knit the rest in stockinette until I ran out of yarn. Easy enough! These are just the modifications I made to the original Annabella’s Cowl Patterns by Churchmouse designs, so please reference the original pattern for a complete list of instructions. I just made it to suit my needs a bit more and I think it came out just great!

This weekend, I’ll be putting in some time working on Nick’s sweater. I am determined to finish it before the month is out. I have restricted myself to finishing his sweater before I start anymore sweaters for myself. I know, no fun right?! Oh well, it’s good motivation for me though, because we just got the new Winter/ Spring 2011 Knitscene and my fingers are already itching to knit the Rayonnant Pullover by Romi Hill. I am thinking maybe Lorna's Laces Green Line Worsted...we just received a beautiful shade of Periwinkle...or maybe some more Madelinetosh Merino DK in Betty Draper’s Blues... Decisions, decisions! There are so many great yarns out there, I’m sure I’ll find just the right one!


Terry just bought enough Tosh Merino Light in a beautiful pale blue shade to make the darling short sleeved pattern on the cover of the new Knitscene--the Chiton Pullover by Melissa Wehrle. I’m telling you, the Madelinetosh yarns are truly AMAZING! I can hardly wait to see how Terry’s project turns out!


There are so many beautiful designs in this new edition of Knitscene! I love how there is always something for everyone in this magazine. Diverse patterns in terms of difficulty level and design. Quite a variety of projects too! It’s definitely one of my favorite knitting magazines in current publication!

Well, that’s all I’ve got for you this week folks! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Happy knitting!
Kristen

you might also like

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme