To finish or not to finish, that is the question...

I have been having a hard time finishing some of my WIP's (works in progress) and well I have some patterns that I have deadlines on, ummm come on Jeanne!! I finally sat down and did a basic list of my WIP's and came up with 15 so far and I say so far because I remembered one that I had left off the list, so I am pretty sure that as I get more and more honest with myself I will have to add to the list.

1 & 2. I have 2 TOP SECRET projects that are at the top of the list, so if I tell you about them I will have to kill you, ha ha!

3. I have my Shoal Water Shawl which if I would just suck it up and move along is really close. Blush the project log isn't up to date (that's my job) in this picture as I am a bit further.

4. My China Vest from Folk Vests...again really great progress! This one isn't even on the project log ugh!

5. A pair of my Bubble Socks out of Lorna's Laces sport weight for my daughter. This one isn't on the log yet, but in my defense I have modified the pattern, so have been reluctant to put it up. I know, I know that's a weak defense, but it's the best I've got!

6. My Knitting Pure and Simple sweater #294...which is even further along than in this project log post.

7. I have started (well am really on the second half of) the Dawn shawl from the book by Grace Ann Farrow, The fine Line, out of Isager Wool 1. This one isn't on the log yet and I shall have to remedy that ASAP!!!

8. I am making the Court House Steps blanket/throw from Mason Dixon Knitting out of some discontinued stash yarn by Rowan. This one isn't on the log because I am using a discontinued yarn, but I will put it on for you anyway.

9. My Rowan Shetland Cardigan out of Rowan Felted Tweed Aran.

10. My Fiddlehead Mittens which really haven't moved too far since I posted them.

11. Another Cosette Wrap out of Amber's First Kitchen in the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted (not on the project log sheesh!)

12. Another 2 Askew Designs pattern that I can't talk about yet...

13. Repeat line 12 here ha ha!

14. Three Sister Scarf #3 out of Hand Maiden Sea Silk. Phew this one is up to date on the log, b ig sigh of relief!!

15. My Lace Ribbon Scarf which is (thankfully up to date on the project log) and I am using Amber's 1st Kitchen in the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport weight.

So I guess I am using this forum as an WIP intervention for Jeanne HELP!! I am a great starter, but need to finish some of this stuff!

As you may know, Sandy and I are great pals and she has encouraged me with her WIP list to get a little more organized, but what is a knitter to do when there are so many great projects to work on? I do eventually finish some stuff, but have a lot that is unfinished as you can see by my overwhelming list! When I talk to you most of you are in a similar boat (maybe not quite so much water sinking your boat), but so many of you only work on one project at a time. HOW DO YOU DO IT?? I am so easily distracted by all the ideas that I feel like a Magpie chasing all the shinny things for my nest. I chase all the beautiful yarns and patterns for my knitting nest.

Well I guess I better get my needles clicking on one of these things, so for now as always happy knitting and crocheting!

Jeanne


you might also like

shoal water

1 comment:

  1. Your way of 미국아이스하키분석 explaining everything in this paragraph is actually nice,
    all can simply know it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme