Weddings, good weather and of course knitting!


The bride was piped in by the piper, the kilts were amazing and the bride was stunning! Ashley and Corey are married and the wedding was GREAT!

Kristen caught the bouquet and the ring bearer was looking for cupcakes! Huck was there in his little safari suit and was held by his surrogate Grandmas Sandy & Jeanne, Kristen jumped in there too and I think I glimpsed John, Victoria's husband getting a little Huck time too! He does the cutest little thing for Laura when she whisper's banana bread in his cute little ear he smiles a HUGE smile. The weather was cooperative and it was just a fantastic day all around!!

Now it may be considered rude to bring knitting to a wedding, but I knew there would be a knitting opportunity and sure enough there was. The food was fabulous and that was when I took the knitting bull by the horns and whipped out my mitten! Yup I knit at the wedding reception and all of sudden there was Victoria clamoring for my camera; she wanted to shoot the knitting event and so Sandy jumped in to knit a bit on my mitten too. What do you expect we are the Jimmy Beans Wool crew?? I hadn't had a knit fix for about 3 days, imagine, 3 days without knitting! Why I didn't die I will never know, but it felt so good to feel the soft velvety yarn in my hand as I k1, p2 for my mitten cuff.

I am using the Lorna's Laces Swirl yarn for the mittens and it is so soft! Now I can't put a link in here to the swirl because we are sold out, but I happen to know that there has been some talk about more coming into the shop next month, so keep your eyes peeled for that beautiful yarn to show up on the site.

I had a hard time choosing the wedding knitting, because I do have a bit of the new Hand Maiden Silk & Seacell yarn (are you surprised? :) and am struggling to NOT cast on with this amazing stuff. I am going to work up the Shipwreck Shawl with mine and I am just twitching to cast it on.




I think it is safe to say that a good time was had by all and the happy couple are now on their well deserved honeymoon at Disney World in Florida. My favorite ride is space mountain, hmmm, now that I think about it I wish I was there!

Congratulations you two and Ashley we already miss you at work!

Jeanne












you might also like

3 comments:

  1. Ashley looks so lovely! I look forward to getting to know her better. I'm so glad a good time was had by all.

    I'm itching to use that Hand Maiden Silk and Seacell too. It is soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best of wishes to the beautiful bride! Congratulations to the handsome groom! Jeannie - love the wedding mitten idea. My son will be getting married in a year or so - wonder what can I bring to knit? (Hey at least you weren't crocheting lacy undies.) Thanks for the pix - been hoping to see some from the wedding. The gown was SO pretty and Ashley wore it very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocheted lace undies, hmmmm, now that's an interesting thought :) Ashley was beautiful with that amazing gown on!

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme