Vacations and new stuff...

Wow did we have a GREAT time in southern Utah! The canyon lands are amazing and we hiked until we couldn't hike one more trail. We made home base in Cedar City and went into Zion National park several times and from different directions. Here I am taking a break in the shade and of course there is knitting in my backpack! Imagine :)

Our daughter and her boyfriend stopped in Boulder Utah and we picked them up there. I am afraid they found the desert to be grueling riding, but amazing scenery! This part of the trip had amazing hills and at one point there was a 14% grade they would have had to ride up. They did hitch a ride back to Reno with us and are leaving for the Northern California Coast on Saturday (not so hot) . I couldn't believe that they rode what they did ride, WOW! It was really neat for all of us to be together as a family and Charles (our daughter, Shelly's boyfriend) is a fantastic cook. Off to the right is a hike we took in the center of Zion up to these cool pools and check out the tadpoles starting to turn into frogs (below).





We hiked up the river for a long way and here my kids are having a blast playing in the water together.

Of course on all of these hikes I did have knitting with me and did even knit when we stopped to take a break.

I did have internet access periodically and did peek at our site once in a while AND I see that the Spud and Chole yarns and patterns have come in to the shop.
I must admit that the patterns were there before I left, but I didn't get a chance to really browse and decide what to knit up. Ashley talked about the Boy Meets Girl Hats in one of her posts and they are adorable. The suggested yarn is the Spud and Chloe Outer Yarn and I can't wait to see it up close and in person!

Of course I spotted the Two-for-One Socks pattern, which calls for the Spud & Chole Fine Yarn imagine that I would be attracted to a sock pattern, ha ha!

So many of you had asked me about this cool new line of yarns and patterns before I left that I just can't wait to get into the shop tomorrow and touchy feely. I will let you know what I cast on and as always you can keep track of what we are knitting here on our project log.

I missed you all and look forward to tomorrow, as it is the 1st of the month and you know what that means right? Limited Edition Colors, woohoo!!! I just happen to know what this color will be called and do think I remember the colorway. Hmmm, it has been a while and a lot of yarns have passed before my eyes since that last time I saw it, but I think I remember. It is a really neat one! I will be getting my two hanks of the Lorna's Laces Sport weight yarn for sure!

Until next time I leave you with a picture of a friend I met on one of our many hikes and she was a real sweetie!
As always, happy knitting! Jeanne






you might also like

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your trip was awesome Jeanne! Can't wait to see you back in the shop though, you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme