Too bad the garden can't produce more knitting time...

So, I know it's been a while since I last posted but I have been spending most of my free time working in the garden. We finally got everything planted last week (now that it finally stopped thundering and lightening over my head) so that should free up a bit more of my time for knitting related things. I am so happy to finally have everything in the ground though! I am SO looking forward to those first garden-fresh tomatoes. Here's a little look at my labor of love:



I have, however, found a little bit of time to knit. Crazy, I know. I decided while things were so crazy that I needed something fairly mindless to knit on. I absolutely fell in love with the Sublime Kid Mohair that we got in about a month back that I just had to make something with it. Normally I can't stand to wear Mohair but this stuff is SO soft, I couldn't help but pet it to the point where Jeanne just told me I had to buy it. So I did.

I chose the "Aimee" pattern on the cover of Kim Hargreaves' Thrown Together book. I know you've heard me talk far too much about my undying love for her patterns, but I will say it again, I LOVE HER STUFF! So, I did my math and figured I would need just 4 balls of the Sublime. Well, once I got home I realized I actually needed 5--classic knitters mistake and I should know better than to not buy that extra ball. Of course, by the time I got to the shop the next morning we were sold out of the Loganberry color! Pooey! So I decided to knit a subtle gray stripe into the design making it a bit more preppy looking than I intended originally. Oh well, I think it is still going to be super cute anyway. I'm also knitting it in the round... it just made more sense to me. I really like how it's coming out, I may make another in plain black. You can never have enough black evening wraps right?

Lastly, a good friend of mine had a baby girl last week. Her name is Cassie but we just like to call her Hoot. So I am making little Hoot a Presto Chango out of the Debbie Bliss Rialto (the color is a much more subtle rose color in person) that we recently have on sale. My friend, who we like to call Gecko, will appreciate that it's machine washable and very soft. The yarn itself is a dream to work with, I just love it! I should be able to finish the knitting over the weekend and then it will be time for me to learn how to do the mattress stitch properly. Can you believe i've been able to avoid it all these years? I can't. I'm a little afraid but Sandy has assured me she'll be gentle with me. Here I go into uncharted territory....

Happy knitting,
Kristen










you might also like

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme