Spring is in the air and things from Down Under

Spring is finally in the air here in Reno (I love all weather) and I must admit that it is nice to be warm. I can start to think about my garden, hiking in the hills and just enjoying the outdoors.


Amber is back from Australia and New Zealand and I hate to admit it (because it goes to her head :) but she was sorely missed! She brought back goodies for all of us, thanks Amber, and here is a pic of my Roo that will hop around my desk at home. He is holding onto our May Limited Edition Yarn by Lorna's Laces, African Violet, in Lion and Lamb.

Chocolate was included and boy was it YUMMY (no picture that is already gone)! Those Aussies know what they are up to when it comes to treats!

Of course we are all getting ready for our newest little bean, 'Rock', who will be making an appearance sometime at the end of this month.



I think both Laura and Doug are ready to move forward and of course all of us parents know about this wait. I am always thinking about knitting for the little stinker and maybe will work on the Noni pattern, Froggie Towel & Scrubby. I think I'll use the Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton yarn for this one. Shhhhh don't tell them haha!


I had a wonderful surprise today when one of my regular customers, Linda, came in to show off her AMAZING Noro Kureyon yarn sweater! She used a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern, 9724, and shortened it up at the bottom a bit. Way to go Linda and thanks for the Show-n-tell!




Of course I am knitting too and since I finished my Offset Raglan from Simple Style, I picked up my Shoalwater Shawl again which I am doing in Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. I just can't say how much I love the pattern and the yarn! I know this will be one of my favorite shawls.


Well, I better get back to work and make sure you all have what you need for your projects, knit on!

Jeanne :)








you might also like

No comments:

Post a Comment

FancyTheme