Fancy stuff and Grandpa's....

I am such a lucky knitter! I am working on a top secret project (as my honey's sweater is on hold as mentioned in my previous blog) for the shop and I am using Artyarns Beaded Mohair and Sequins yarn in color 164. It is sooooooooooooo amazing to work with and I just can't stop! It is what I imagine knitting with butter would be like. So I am hoping to inspire you all to treat yourselves to a bit of luxury and think about knitting just for you! Hmmm, that's an interesting concept :) This yarn would make a truly elegant scarf, or edging for something bigger.


I am also working on getting the new Lana Grossa Royal Tweed on the floor for some touch time. It is so nice and I may have to knit a hat and mittens for my guys? We will have to see how the top secret project goes.


The Royal Tweed is really soft and has a nice feel to it. It's a heavy worsted and the suggested needle is a US 10, so it should work up quickly. Gee whiz, like I need more yarn to lust after!



Well, as you may know, Laura, is out of town right now to attend her Grand Father's service and we are all thinking about her and her Grandpa. So I wanted to take a minute to suggest remembering our Grandparents; with us or not and all that they have given to us.

With that said I was thinking about what kind of a scarf my Grandpa may have enjoyed and we just got the book Scarf Style in the shop and I thought he would have enjoyed being hugged by the Interlocking Balloons scarf on page 41. This book is one of my favorites and I have knit almost all of the scarves in it!

Thank you Grandpa for all you have taught me...I miss you!
Laura, we are ready to have you back at the computer; it's just not the same without you....Jeanne and Co.

you might also like

Scarf Style

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather. I saw his college picture below and he was a very handsome man.

    On a different note, I like the facelift you gave Jimmy Beans. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme