Thursday, June 12, 2014

Crafty Blog Inspiration - Posie Gets Cozy

I've been a big blog reader for years, but there are only a few that I've followed since the beginning. Posie Gets Cozy is one of those blogs. I love Portland, OR-based Alicia Paulson's crafty aesthetic (and she's a knitter & crocheter too!) but her hand-stitched embroidery and stuffed animal designs are probably my favorites. 

My mom and I snagged one of the Maggie Rabbit kits last fall (before I even knew I was expecting!) as a someday project for my little one. And how cute is it that she has a hand-knit cape to wear?!?! 


Maggie Rabbit
Each of Alicia's animal softie kits and patterns, which also include a doe, a fox, a cat, and mouse, has a hand knit accessory of some kind which only adds to their charm. I'll be sure to share a photo when we finally get around to making Maggie (hopefully soon.) Truth be told, I'll probably have to grab a Doe and a Fox as well to go in the woodland-themed nursery we are creating.


Juniper Kitty

Phyllis Mouse

Dandelion Doe

Basil Fox

Alicia has also created a series of mini-knit patterns to fit her menagerie, like a cute little hooded garter stitch sweater, a top-down raglan cardigan, and a knit dress. These are perfect for using up little bits of sock yarn in your stash. I know I have plenty of that lying around! 


Knitted Dress

Hooded Sweater


Raglan Sweater

And for the crocheters out there, check out the Sunshine Day Baby Afghan. My mom just finished one for my baby girl who is due next month, and loved making this pattern! She had tons of fun crocheting all the little flower squares on her latest vacation and said it was a really easy project once she got going. The main yarn in this pattern is the super delicious Cascade Eco Alpaca yarn which makes it a true heirloom item.  


Sunshine Day - Alicia's Version

My little one's Sunshine Day in progress.

I was also lucky enough to snag a kit to make this Daisy Chain ABC Sampler (which I fully intend to make someday, I swear!) The kits seem to be unavailable at the moment, but the patterns are currently still available on her site. 


ABC Crewelwork Sampler
Can you tell I am just a little obsessed with Alicia's style? I was just perusing some of her older blog posts the other day looking for some baby knits ideas (seriously check out her Ravelry page-- her daughter is one of the best dressed babies I've ever seen!) and thought it would be so fun to share her work with you here. I hope you'll find as much inspiration in her blog as I do. 

Happy crafting!
Kristen


1 comment: