Friday, December 13, 2013

Last Minute Hats & Headbands!

I swore up and down that I wasn't going to knit any gifts this year. There is just not enough time, and unfortunately I am not one of those people who is disciplined enough to begin my holiday knitting in August or September. But, in the last few days, I've broken down and decided to knit a few gifts. I just can't help myself I guess.

Searching Ravelry for the right hats and headbands to make, I stumbled upon some amazing and beautiful options and figured I would share them with you in case you were also in my predicament--needing some last minute gift ideas. Here are a few of may favorites:

The Magnolia Hat by Maria Socha. This one is gorgeous AND it's a Freebie on Ravelry. I may have to make this one for myself when the holidays are over!

Magnolia


Windschief  by Stephen West is a long time favorite of mine and it's a great guy hat. We carry hard copies of this pattern at JBW if you prefer that option instead.

Windschief


Molly, by Erin Ruth is nice because it's mostly simple, but with a little bit of cabling to keep things interesting. Plus, as a bonus, it's a free pattern on Ravelry. Score!

Molly


Bristol Ivy's new Illyria hat is nice. Again, mostly simple design, with some fun cables to keep it interesting.

Illyria


I am making the Parisian Twist headband by Elisa McLaughlin for my Sisters-in-Law because they are super into headbands, and this one will look especially cute on them.

Parisian Twist


Calorimetry is another awesome headband pattern, a classic by now, really. It's free from Knitty and you can't go wrong with it.

Calorimetry


If cowls are more up your alley, the Princess Franklin's Plaid Collar by Franklin Habit from the latest issue of Knitty is mostly garter stitch, with the plaid stripes sewn in. It looks like a fairly quick project that could be a great way to use up some yarn scraps!

Princess Franklin

Hopefully this gives you some good ideas for last minute knitted gifts. Any of these could be done in a weekend. Oh wait, it's the weekend now (or it's Friday at least.) See ya later...I'm off to knit!

Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment