Downton Abbey Mystery KAL Clue #4

Hi everyone!

Hope your week has gone well. Things have been crazy in JBW-land as we gear up for a fun and exciting couple of months. My apologies for not popping into the Ravelry group as much this past week. Hopefully all questions were answered, and of course, feel free to message me directly anytime if you have an urgent question. I am always happy to help! :)

So hopefully by now you've all finished the hand on your right gauntlet and are ready to take out your provisional cast on and find out what fun is in store. Here we go!

-Remove provisional cast on and place stitches back on your needles dividing the stitches evenly among the needles and rejoin yarn to resume working in the round. (This is a good opportunity to knit those 4 rounds IF you missed them at the beginning.)
-Increase to 52 sts if you do not  already have that number on the needles by knitting a round and spacing your increases evenly throughout the row. Use your preferred method of increasing.
-Purl one round
-*k1, k1f&b; repeat from * to end of round. (78 sts now on the needles)
-Rearrange sts on the needles so that you have 26 sts on each needle.

Work Shell Lace Edging pattern as follows:

Shell Lace Edging Pattern

Rnd 1: *k2tog, k9, ssk; repeat from * to end of rnd. (66 sts)
Rnd 2: Knit
Rnd 3: *k2tog, k7, ssk; repeat from * to end of rnd. (54 sts)
Rnd 4: Knit
Rnd 5: *k2tog, yo, (k1, yo) 5 times, ssk; repeat from * to end of round (78 sts)
Rnd 6: Purl

*Repeat rows 1-6 two more times. (A total of 3 repeats)

Bind off and weave in ends. Feel free to block your gauntlet if you'd like. If you do, be sure to pin out the points on your lace edging. Otherwise, you can also wait to block both gauntlets together at the end. I'm the impatient sort when it comes to things like this, so I definitely blocked my first glove before the second. But that's just me. It's entirely knitter's choice. :)


Also, the photos show my right gauntlet when it was blocking since I can now show you what it looks like. Hopefully you all have some similar results. :)

Ok, so this is it for week 4! I hope you all have a fantastic week coming up and happy knitting to you all!

Kristen

you might also like

Shell Lace Edging pattern

24 comments:

  1. *squee* It's so pretty!! I can't wait to finish!! This has been the BEST KAL EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Can't wait to get the second gauntlet done too, since I'm not smart enough to figure out myself how to switch the pattern for the left one. :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! Delightful! To quote Bates from a previous season. "You never disappoint!" Except he was being sarcastic and I'm not!! Cant wait to get started on this clue! Just lovely! The dowager would approve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful way to finish the gauntlet, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it. can't wait to give it a go. it was so easy to do. will post pics once i am done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really been enjoying this project, love the shell edging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Well-done, Kristen!Such an enjoyable KAL, process & product! Kudos to you and Jimmy Beans Wool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will you be showing us the proper way to lace up the eyelets to adjust the fit of the gauntlet and also suggest what we use as that lace?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous!

    Yes, we will be dealing with the lacing next week. :)

    Happy knitting!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will keep these instructions and when I am ready to take another stab at my gauntlets, I will be able to go from start to finish. I wish I were keeping up with it, but between my errors and then coming down with the flu last week, I just did not have the energy. I love looking at everyone's work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will keep these instructions and when I am ready to take another stab at my gauntlets, I will be able to go from start to finish. I wish I were keeping up with it, but between my errors and then coming down with the flu last week, I just did not have the energy. I love looking at everyone's work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO enjoying this KAL. Can't wait to start the left gauntlet. Finished my right one this morning.I have started my cast on and I think I can figure out how to start the left.We'll see next Sunday if I am correct in thinking that we'll switch needles 1 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got caught up this week, so I'm ready to get going tonight. I love this finish. Just great. I am really enjoying this KAL! I am not knitting two at a time, so hoping you'll help me baby step it through the left one next. I lead a really busy life, so these small steps each week have really helped me keep up. Thanks for all this, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen,

    When you block things like this, do you get them totally wet, or do you just use steam? I am sort of new to blocking and would love a little guidance on this. Thank you!

    Stephanie

    stephiepeterson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! This so lovely, Kristen. I'll have to knit up a pair of these. I'm way behind on my Downton viewing, so I'm in for some good knitting and good viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All done with #4. Will we be starting with gauntlet #2 in addition to the lacing next week?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forgot to add, I am really enjoying this. Thank you Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stephanie (Mama Pea)!

    I would recommend wet blocking these. Give them a good long soak (like ½ hour or so) in a warm water and wool wash or gentle soap bath. Rinse them thoroughly and then roll them in a towel to get the excess water out. Then, take a clean and dry towel and lay them out pinning the points on the lace border out as much as you’d like (like in the picture on the blog.)

    Let me know if you have anymore questions!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia Pettit-

    We might be. I'm actually toggling with the idea of jumping right into the 2nd gauntlet next and doing the laces at the end. I may end up doing this because I think many folks might prefer this. :) Feel free to weigh in!

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again! I'm weighing in... as someone who has just about finished knitting both gauntlets AND who lives in the southwest so there's a short cold season, I would prefer to know next week what you have to say about lacing up! just my 2¢...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd prefer to start the second gauntlet next week, since I've only completed the one. But I'll let you decide. :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. my weigh-in: I've been knitting the gauntlets side by each (magic loop is wonderful!) and I would really love to have the lacing next time so I can wear these with my hat for the little Downton party we're throwing for the last epoisode. But thats just me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just finished my first gauntlet. I love the way it looks and have already picked out other yarn to make a second pair. I started the left then realized the eyelets need to be switched to the other side. Think I'll wait for the instructions.
    Thanks for a great knit along. The gauntlets are so unique!


    Feb. 2, 2013 10:50 PM

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme