Friday, December 14, 2012
I'm so excited that the drop spindles from Wool Tree Mill have finally arrived! In fact, I had to buy one first thing! These are lovely, light weight walnut spindles with hooks on both ends so you can use as either a top or bottom whorl. I tend to like bottom whorl spindles while Alison, our yarn logistics expert, prefers top whorl spindles. They come in three sizes, small which weighs around 3/4 of an ounce, medium which weighs around 1.4 ounces and the large which weighs around 1.6 ounces.
I bought the large one and it works nicely to spin up Imperial Yarn's Bulky 2-strand pencil roving without drafting any thinner.
We also received Lucets from Wool Tree Mill. A Lucet is a handy little tool for creating cording for your projects. The cord created is firmer and denser than an i-cord. The Lucet comes with a very nice card with step by step instructions with photos on how to use it. These are also made from walnut and are very pretty to look at. They will make a pretty and practical addition to your fiber tools!
So if you're looking for small last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers here's a list of my personal favorites to choose from:
1) Wool Tree Mill Drop Spindles (Pictured above)
2) Wool Tree Mill Lucet
3) Bar Maids products: Lo Lo Body Bars, Lo Lo to Go, Lip Balm, For Feets Sake, Lo Lo Travel Pacs, and Almost Everything bags.
4) Alsatian Soaps & Bath Products: Knitter's Hand Gift Bag, Heart Soap, Knitter's Hands, & Knit Happens Hand Therapy
5) Debra's Garden: Sheep Soap, Needle Gauge Pendent, Sock & Lace Needle Gauge Pendent, Row Counter & Yarn Cutter Pendent, & Faux Leather Tape Measures
6) Then there just so many options in Lantern Moon accessories that I'll just link to the search page.
Don't forget to check out our books and bags for larger gifts. And there are always Gift Certificates available in just about any amount.
If you need help selecting gifts please give us a call, we'll be happy to help!