The Truth is Out There...

That's right, there are really UFO's in my life and their little aliens want to take me to their leader! They actually live in my closet and have been probing my mind lately....to take action, which is just what I am going to do!

Okay, okay...you and I both know (at least, I hope you do!) that I am talking about my U.F.O.'s (a.k.a. unfinished objects/knitting projects). I yanked some of them out of the alien hive recently and have been just  plugging away at them. Focus, Jeanne...focus!

In the following pictures, you can see only a few of the 'aliens' I'm referring to. This is the point where I chose to begin the process of finishing all of my projects (gasp)!


Beginning at the upper right hand corner, you can see my China Vest from the book Folk Vests. I am so close to finishing this one, it's almost scary! Moving counter clockwise, you'll see my Lace Ribbon Scarf (out of Amber's 1st Kitchen LLE Shepherd Sock), the Be Sweet Diagonal Shawl I started some 2 years ago, my Shetland Cardigan (wince) from a very, very long time ago, and then  of course there is my Shoal Water Shawl and my Hemlock Ring. Can you hear that heavy sigh???






So, this is my plan. I will continue to work on my Umaro blanket, while finishing up one project at-a-time from the surviving projects on this list.

I am usually not a violent person but some of these projects must be torn apart to become something else. So, I'm going to take a deep breath and frog my Shoal Water Shawl and Hemlock Ring blanket. I know this will be a liberating experience and the yarn will just go back into my stash to someday become something else which will actually be finished!


However, I have decided that I am ABSOLUTELY going to finish my China Vest and my Shetland Sweater. So the vest will be first, with the sweater next in line.

The sad thing is that these are only a few of the projects that I have to make decisions about. Baby steps, right?! These projects are the first on the list and I am really going to focus - really this time! :)

I will most likely fall back into the control of the aliens soon as I do have some Mukluk slippers to make for gifts...but I am truly committed to this cause and will fight hard to stay on track!!!

As Elizabeth Zimmerman as my witness, I will finish something!! Wish me luck as I work to thwart the alien hoard living in my closet! How about you? Are you a million-projects-at-once kind of knitter or dedicated to one project at a time type of knitter? How do you tackle your own U.F.O.s (if any)? Any useful tips for knitters like myself?

As always, happy knitting and crocheting!! Jeanne

P.S. If you aren't getting our FREE twice-a-month e-mail Newsletter, you should really check it out. It's the only way I can keep up with things around the shop these days and I work here...LOL! We value your privacy so we NEVER EVER share your email address with anyone...check it out!

you might also like

shoal water

13 comments:

  1. It must be the year! Finishing wip's was the only New Year's resolution I made (I don't usually make them at all) and I've kept to it finishing several wip's this year. I like to work on something new at the same time or in between old wip's too. It's my "reward". Keep going. And, in the words of Bob the Builder--you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a big re-organization of stash earlier this year. Put UFO's in a special spot, and those UFO's that were clearly never going to be finished got frogged pretty quickly. Guess what! Now I have more needles at my beck and call! Currently working on the Nantucket Vest from Summer 2011 Interweave Knits with a ribbony hand dyed yarn that landed back in the stash. Sure makes me feel good to be using up this yarn that I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the pattern and yarn for the shoalwater shawl that I haven't yet started. I'm curious about why you are going to frog yours? Is the pattern a nice one, or are did you simply lose interest in it? I think your shoalwater shawl looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sometimes the best project is to take out those old projects and either finish them or rip them apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck to you! I now restrict myself to one largish and one commuter type project at the same time. I have to unearth and deal with my own sad collection of UFOs. I commend you for your bravery and organization!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be something in the air...I have been looking at my UFOs and trying to decide what to do with them. I think you have the right idea--one new project and one old. The bright spot there is when I get them finished, there will be room for more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo happy I am not alone! I have more projects on needles than I will admit to. But am finishing off the UFO's one by one. Mind you I am still allowing new projects to happen but I am putting two UFO's out to pick up and work in my odd moments. This has enabled me to finish some old projects while enjoying new ones. Once one UFO is finished I bring out the next one. I am the type of knitter that likes bouncing between projects and this pushes me to finish them. Once the UFO's are out of sight, they are lost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I am so glad that I am not alone!! Thanks everyone for all your great comments and support. On the Shoal Water Shawl it wasn't the pattern, as that is GREAT, it is the knitter, sigh! I lost interest and decided to put the yarn elsewhere, however, I have not frogged it as of yet, so who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The association’s point is to make inventive, capable shock progresses for a wide scope of vehicles. I likewise need to begin my vehicle business and searching for a best arrangement from ogscapital.com/article/massage-therapy-business-plan/ site. This site is generally excellent for marketable strategies and you can likewise utilize it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knowing yourself: information your strengths, your weaknesses, the manner you examine, the manner you work or the manner you really have interaction with others; Immigration Consultants Dubai growing your self: maximizing your strengths

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beauty-full post, I love this post thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish you all the best, for all your unfinished projects aka U.F.O, see you soon because know I have to find the Assignment Help Experts in KSA, who can help me to complete and submit my assignment before deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks and I think this would be very helpful for those who are making issues with their sources here. Liked it.

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme