Friday, September 16, 2011

Featured Products Friday!

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope all is well in everyone’s world!  I’ve got some exciting Featured Products for you this week so I hope you all enjoy.  We’ve got tons of new fall products coming in, but these days, I am mostly excited about some of the new books and patterns that are arriving each week.  You’ll notice this post is quite heavy in both.  Either way, I hope you enjoy!

First off, we have one of the cutest books I’ve ever seen!  A garden gnome, a fried egg, a cactus, and a juicy looking pear.  What do all of these things have in common?  They are all little teeny tiny items you can make with Teeny Tiny Mochimochi!  This book contains the blueprints, aka. patterns, to knit some of the cutest teeny tiny items.  I am thinking about getting it just so I can make the Garden Gnome for my Christmas tree this year.  So adorable!

Next is the newest magazine from Interweave--Holiday Gifts 2011!  Interweave has has really gone all out this year.  The “Holiday Gifts” editions are always chalk full of wonderful designs and this year is truly no exception.  When I flipped through this issue, I felt the distinct strong urge to knit, not an unusual feeling for me, but you know, it was stronger than usual. I loved the cowls, hats, and slippers, but I especially loved the holiday decor.  I NEED to make the cute felted Christmas Trees!  I must be crazy for thinking about the holidays so early, but I suppose if you have big knitting plans, it’s never too early! 

Another great book is the new Rowan Purelife Home.  I’ve noticed Rowan doing a lot more with crochet lately and I really like it!  This book uses all of their Purelife line of yarns to create fantastic works of art.  From the textured knitted rug to the gorgeous crocheted throw, there is all kinds of great home ideas in this book!  I really love the crocheted doily rug too.  It’s chunky and gorgeous, what more could you want?

Has anyone else fallen as hard for Winged Knits as I have?  I absolutely love Cecily Glowick MacDonald’s beautiful patterns.  Her design aesthetic really speaks to me and I love how simple yet interesting her garments are.  The Crestview Jacket, a new-to-Jimmy-Beans pattern, is absolutely gorgeous and just makes me want to drop everything else on the needles and knit it!  Done in a nice heavy aran weight with a lovely wrapped stitch lace panel down the back, this jacket is perfect for fall and winter.  My conscience is giving me a wrist slap and telling me no more new projects...but that doesn’t mean I can’t tempt everyone else!

Lastly, I am so excited to finally announce that the Addi Lace Click Tips have arrived!  Well, most of them anyway.  We finally received our first shipment of the Lace Click Tips after waiting for quite some time!  Those who are excited to build on their existing Addi Click or Addi Lace Click sets, now’s the time!  We also have the Natura Click tips too in case you wanted the bamboo!  I know I have the Addi Lace Clicks on my Holiday Wishlist this year, and I’ll probably get a few extra tips for those sizes I use the most!  


Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I’m off today and I’m heading to a local farm to pick lots and lots of tomatoes and hopefully make some sauces and salsas to can for winter.  I’m also working on a fun test knit for this lovely gal on Ravelry in Tosh Merino Light.  What are you all up to?    


Happy knitting and crocheting!
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment