Monday, June 6, 2011

The Madness of Magic

Ailene here!

Appropriately for my first blog post is a subject near and dear to my heart.  For over a decade, there has been an obsession with the world JK Rowling created through a boy named Harry Potter.  I remember reading the first Harry Potter book at age 10 and finishing within two days.  I fell in love.  Each book led me closer to the fate of The Boy Who Lived and He Who Must Not Be Named.  The midnight release of book seven (Ailene - age 18) led to an all-nighter that finally resolved the conflict between The Chosen One and The Dark Lord. I was left with a feeling of awe that I had the privilege of sharing this magical world for so long...and sad that such a big chapter of my admittedly nerdy life was really closed.  

I am now 22 and still in love with the world of wizards and Muggles.  I sometimes still long for that owl from Hogwarts to let me know that I am indeed a wizard, or that I had a Time Turner to get through all my studying.  But alas, I am but a college girl (who finds no hardship in finding magic again and again with each rereading of the series).  And, now, Jimmy Beans has finally embraced the madness of this magic!!  So, naturally, my fellow Beans and I are excited to bring July’s Limited Edition Color inspired by Harry Potter to you!  July 15th is the eagerly awaited release of the last movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.  The release of the last book was also in July four years ago.  And July 31st is the birth date of Harry Potter.  It all fits that July would be the perfect month.  =D  

The amazing ladies at Lorna’s have created two unique colorways inspired by the series. 


It is Harry vs. Voldemort in our knitting world! And it’s up to you to decide who will survive.

    Here are the colors:



    He Who Must Not Be Named
    The Boy Who Lived



















    Here are the rules:

    • 1      Voting will take place from June 6th - June 13th.
    • 2      Please vote only once on our poll to the right.
    • 3      The colorway with the most votes will be July’s LLE colorway!
    • 4      You will get bonus life points for sharing our poll with other fans!!
    There you have it! Vote for good or evil or just because you think one colorway is prettier than the others. We will announce the winner on July 1st.

    Please join us in our magical contest!
    Ailene

    P.S.- If you enjoy being a part of fun and exciting events like this, join our Lorna's Limited Edition club!

    ***EDIT 6/6/11 12:00pm- Bethany accidentally put up the wrong skein for the colorway "The boy who lived". Feel free to change your vote if you need to! Sorry!! end edit****
    Post a Comment