So sweet and disasters on the remodel front!




Hey everyone!

I have blogged about my daughter's urban farming here in Reno and on Easter Sunday we had some newborn visitors from their neighbors down the street. To say sweet is an understatement!


Gloria, now you can't have a goat in your apartment!



Gigi (the mama goat) gave birth to the sweetest little baby who is currently sporting the name Gertrude (just 2 days old in this picture). She was the highlight of my mother-in-law, Gloria's day. The two of them fell in love with each other and finally had to be pried apart so Gigi could have her baby back.







Quack, quack!!!

There were also two baby ducklings and yours truly fell deeply in love, as the youngest of the two fell asleep with its little beak nestled under my thumb. AWWWWW!!! I even put my knitting down to snuggle with this darling little baby so you know it was a sweetie to get me to do that!

Now I know you are all wondering how the remodel of my kitchen is going (week two!...ugh!) and I will give you just a quick update:

1. Electrical is almost done.
2. Gas connection for the stove has been run.
3. Garden window has been ordered.
4. Task lighting for cabinets has been chosen.
5. Upper cabinets are almost ready to go in.
6. Husband (a.k.a Geoff) broke his thumb moving a cabinet and needs surgery (cost of project has now soared out of sight).

Crazy Husband: priceless!

So, I am working on my Cocoknits Leisl non-stop and endless stockinette is certainly what I need right now. At this rate, I will be done by the end of the month. I have to say this pattern is amazing and I want to work one up for my daughter next! I think I will use Rowan Purelife Organic Cotton for hers, as I scored some on Wool Watcher (yes, that little puppy gets me too!) and she will be thrilled that it's organic.

For now, I need to get back to one stitch at a time for my sanity so stay tuned for more next week, same time....same knitting channel!

As always, happy knitting and crocheting!

Jeanne

P.S. I hope you are getting our email Newsletter, so you can stay up to date on all the latest and greatest around the shop! Remember we never share you information, as we value your privacy as much as you do!




you might also like

Rowan

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sorry to hear about the broken thumb. It's one of those things you and he will laugh at in the future...the really really distant future, that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the idea and thanks for the thoughts I will let him know :)

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme