I have said many, many times how grateful I am for Jimmy Beans Wool. There are just too many reasons why words could never truly express this gratitude but I did want to take the time to thank Jimmy (aka Laura) for all her support of my designs (aka 2 Askew Designs) throughout the years. THANKS LAURA!!!
When I came to work here four years ago, I had no idea that I would receive so much more than just a form of employment. I have learned, grown, laughed, cried, and gained the most amazing home and family. Even writing about it gives me goose bumps of joy!
2 Askew Designs was born. The company began with two of us and our great pal Allison (the other Askew) started her own company, Knittinit. However, things have now come to a place where it's about time to choose a new name for my designs. Of course, who should be willing to help but Laura? It has been decided that we are going to throw the question of what my new designer name should be out to all of you out there in cyberspace!
So, with that said, I will put a disclaimer here. While I work here at Jimmy Beans Wool, my patterns are my own and JBW is one of my retailers. JBW is not responsible for my company in anyway shape or form and this contest is mine and mine alone.
I need your ideas and you can win one of my patterns for that idea! If your idea is the winner, then I will put $25.00 into your JBW account to spend how you wish!!
I am looking for a name that sounds like me! So, of course, this won't be easy! Ha-Ha! Post your ideas as many or as often as you would like. We will then create a poll for next week's blog that lists the top 3-5 (or more if needed) ideas for all of our readers to vote on. If your idea makes it onto the poll, you can choose any one of my patterns as your prize. Then, the winner of the poll will win the $25.00. It's that simple!
To help you out, here are some details about myself that might stimulate your noggin' for ideas:
1. I am a native Nevadan (a rare thing here in Nevada).
2. I LOVE, LOVE fiber arts (did you know that?) :-)
3. I also LOVE, LOVE my Harley Road King (I call her a Road Queen and her name is Pandora).
4. People have told me I am perky, quirky, silly, and just plain nuts.
5. Art is my life and soul in any form.
6. I am passionate about being in the moment (although, I am always working on that one).
7. I think the Sierra Nevada's are one of the most beautiful places in the world (which is saying a lot since I have traveled to some really beautiful places, including China).
8. I love to work in my garden!
9. Learning is #1 in my life.
10. Green is my favorite color.
So, have fun and good luck! Remember, Laura is just loaning me this fantastic venue to help out and this is ALL me and me alone! The prizes are from 2 Askew Designs, not JBW. If you have any questions that might help you to come up with the winning idea, please ask away! There are no stupid questions so please don't hesitate to contact me!
Thanks again, Laura, for all of your support and all of you readers out there for being so amazing!
As always, happy knitting and crocheting!
P.S. Good luck!
P.S.S. If you aren't getting out Newsletter be sure to sign up! It's free and JBW never shares your information and you can keep up to date with all the new happenings around the shop!