MIA and projects

Hi all! I know I've been MIA on the blog lately. I managed to get myself really and truly over committed and somethings fell through the cracks. At least now I know my limit and can respect it in the future... I hope!

First off I would like to thank Laura for posting my first pattern in the free pattern section of the website. The Easy Slouch Hat. This is my latest done in Mochi Plus Autumn Rainbow held together with a strand of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Fern. The color in this photo isn't great. I need to get a better one in natural light for the lovely green of the kidsilk haze to show well. I am totally overwhelmed by everyone's enthusiasm for it and I've seen some lovely versions of it already. From feed back we've received we need to tweak the pattern a bit for bulkier yarns which I'll try to get the info together for it soon. In the meantime I'm recommending not using a yarn heavier than aran/light bulky. It seems best to stick with 4.25 stitches per inch with the heavier yarns.

My New Year's resolution is to keep things manageable and finish projects.
Alas! I'm in trouble already with visions of way too many sweaters and socks dancing in my head not to mention budding ideas from a trip I made to Seville, Spain. I saw so many wonders and ate such wonderful food but what gave me lots of ideas were the lovely tessellated tiles in the Real Alcazar de Sevilla. Lots of possibilities for knitting patterns. So many ideas. Now I just need more time to make them happen.

In the meantime I have about 5 pairs of socks planned with two pairs started. The first one started is a pair of Cookie A's Pomatomus that I'm working on dpns using Lorna's Shepherd Sock in Jeans color. Jeanne so kindly posted about them in the projects section of the website.

The second pair is Amelie from Never Not Knitting. I'm working these 2 at a time using magic loop and Lorna's Shepherd Sock in Tuscany color (which I seem to be obsessed with lately so look for more of my projects using this color in the near future). This is my first time using magic loop and I have only 5 rows knit so far so I'm reserving comment on the technique until I'm further along. The thing I really love about this pattern is that the pattern is written with instructions for all 3 techniques of sock knitting... double pointed needles, 2 circulars and magic loop. So all the shaping for heel flap, heel turning, gusset and toes is all worked out for you for each technique. All in all an ideal pattern for learning a new sock knitting technique, not to mention they are pretty too.
As I'm sure you know there are a bunch of great Rowan yarns on sale right now and I'm having a hard time controlling my yarn hoarding impulses. Next time I'll let you know how successful I am.

Wishing you all lots of lovely yarns and many happy projects in the coming year!
Terry


you might also like

Rowan Kidsilk Haze

4 comments:

  1. I love this. It is soo informative. Are you also searching for swedish assignment writers we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s an amazing blog post, and it is really helpful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This essay is well-written. Your observations are clear and concise due to your organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this post very exciting. I am also sending it to my friends to enjoy this blog. Mrs Claus Coat

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme