Huck's Hat (in progress...)

Well, I'm slowly digging my way out of the new-baby abyss... and am slowly (read: very slowly) working on a hat for the new addition...

I'm making Huck his first hat - using 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (a personal favorite)... once stitch at a time, of course. Of course, it might be too small for him by the time it's done, but at least it will have been fun. As far as a pattern goes, I'm making this one up. He weighs almost 8 lbs right now and his head is about 12 inches around. I figured that the hat should be 4.5-5 tall and I cast on 110 sts with US 2 Needles. After joining in the round, I have been working every row as K3, P2. I think that i'm just going to knit for 4.5-5 and then do a 3 needle bind off, so the hat will be square on the top. We'll see! (and i'll keep you posted).

Oh yeah - don't worry - i won't leave the needles on the hat when i finally give it to him to wear... i just needed to try it on him first! (of course, the needles might make good protective gear for his head, eh?)

By the way, if any of you have a border collie, then you can understand why Buddy is already pushing for Huck to start throwing the tennis ball!!






you might also like

baby cashmerino

3 comments:

  1. Lovin' the hat, Laura! I also love all the pictures of Buddy and Wiley hanging with their little bro. I'm sure Huck will be throwing the ball(and other things) for Buddy and Wiley. :) Glad to see you are still finding some time, no matter how small to knit. Go Mom!

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme