Saturday, April 25, 2009

World of color...


So, I've been immersing myself lately in the colors of Noro. I am absolutely in LOVE some of the colors we've got on sale in the Kureyon Sock. I started making myself a beautiful Ishbel shawl from Ysolda Teague's "Whimsical Little Knits" and I am loving the pattern so much that I have started a second one to give as a gift (I won't say for who, since that person might read this blog.) Anyway, I am probably going to end up making 3 or 4 of these before all is said and done. The way the Noro colors are striping is simply stunning, I just love it. Not to mention that 1 skein of the Kureyon Sock will make a whole shawl. Amazing, I know! I love this little book though. There are so many sweet little things I want to make from it...





I have also been making some good headway on my Prudence top from "Amber" by Kim Hargreaves. I'd like to finish by the end of May. Only a couple of months late... I know, I know, but i've just been tempted by all of these amazing colors.... Not to mention all of the gifts i've been making lately. So many new babies coming into this world, I plan to make sure that they are all wrapped in knitted love. But in all seriousness, I really want my prudence top off my needles in time for summer. Although it's not exactly a summer sweater, it will be nice inspiration in the shop for the fall knitting i'm sure will start in another couple of months.



Lastly, I have recently been learning to spin my own yarn! I am so excited! One of our lovely knitting instructors Allison, gave me a lesson in spinning the other day and I made my first skein (the white one.) I promptly went home and played around with my hand spindle all afternoon and made the fun little multi-colored yarn also. I think this is going to me more adicting than I originally thought. Now I am dreaming of spinning wheels and beautiful hand-spun, hand-dyed yarns. Yet another hobby to explore. I am so hooked! I'm sure you'll be seeing much more evidence of my adventures in spinning soon. Until then, happy knitting...
~Kristen~











Post a Comment