Traditional knitting? Not....



So Sandy and I have been talking about getting back to more traditional knitting, hmmm, for me right now that means Fair Isle knitting. So I did get a picture of my (sorta) Fair Isle socks in the last newsletter (from our project log), but I finished them! Yeah! I am leading up to doing a whole Fair Isle sweater for my 6'4" husband and need the practice. I am really happy with the socks, but I am still a bit tight, so it is good that I am practicing on smaller projects first. Sandy tells me to 'Think loose thoughts, Jeanne', and really I try, but well I am still a bit snug. Kristen, however, had fun modeling them for me with her cute Mary Jane style shoes! Thanks Kristen :)

Now several of you have asked me if I am going to write the pattern up for you and honestly I am not too sure, but keep your eyes peeled because if I do you will all be the 1st to know!

Sandy's traditional knitting urge is for lace, lace, and more lace! She picked up the book Shetland Lace and has been a busy little bee knitting up swatches! Beeeauuutiful! Her most recent project, the Icarus out of the Classic Elite Alpaca Sox is almost finished!! It is for her mother, Doris, and I can't wait to see it blocked!

Of course being the little 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' knitter that I am; I started one myself out of some lace yarn I had in my stash. Naturally I got sidetracked, but it is still calling to me. I must say as lace patterns go the Icarus is pretty simple and yet very elegant.






So stay tuned for our more traditional knitting updates.

On a side note I want to say that Ashley has (pretty much) picked her wedding dress! It is so neat and we are all a twitter around here thinking about wedding knitting.

As always, happy knitting! Jeanne


you might also like

1 comment:

FancyTheme