Going to TNNA in Columbus... What Project do i Take?

Well, we're off to Columbus in 2 days for the TNNA trade show. Doug, Ashley (ecommerce manager), her boyfriend and I will be flying there Friday and returning Sunday. It's a convention center full of yarn, bag, and needle vendors. Basically, it's like Stitches for yarn shops. We'll go in, circle the floor, and get completely overwhelmed (that's why i almost never go - it's simply too overwhelming). It should be fun, though - i have tons of meetings scheduled & will be having dinner with Beth & her husband (from Lorna's Laces) on Friday night. They are some of my favorite people in the world.

In the meantime, Doug has been furiously working on getting 50 videos up to Youtube.com. We think they'll be up by this afternoon, so i'll share the links then. I'm so excited - and think you will be too! Once we get back from Columbus, we should be able to film another 50-100 and will have those up by the end of the month. We're thinking of holding a customer filming event on KIP (knit-in-public) day - i'll keep you posted.

So, more importantly... what project am i going to take with me this weekend? I'm almost done with Aimee's blanket and am ready to do something else. Here's my dilemna: we just got a new yarn in last week - SouthWest Trading Company's Therapi... it's made from Jadeite, Wool and Silk and we are all drooling over it. I love the yarn - and the name- but i'm not sure yet what to do with it. At the same time, there is a classic elite pattern that i can't stop looking at: the hoodie in soft linen (out of the make it modern booklet, which we are out of - again!). The soft linen is amazing yarn, but since it's still 36 degrees here on the 4th of June, i need something that's a bit warmer... enter the Therapi.
I just feel guilty using the classic elite pattern and not using the classic elite yarn. But i guess i'll get over it, eh?

Ah! One question: we had some JBW slick folders made - they have 2 pockets and are perfect for holding a few patterns. We had to get 250 of them made, even though we really only need about 50 of them. Do you think people would like getting them with their orders? Maybe orders for patterns? Or would most people just throw them away? Any thoughts would be great!


you might also like

tnna in columbus

7 comments:

  1. A slick folder would be nice to have, along with a pattern order. However, I would probably throw the folder away immediately at least half the time, because I file patterns in ring binders. Why not give the folders away in your retail shop, by setting out a free stack that people can take from if they want a folder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea!!! I'll do that. Thanks so much, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be able to ship them with international pattern orders? I'm in Europe, and our standard paper size is different to yours (wider and shorter). Until I visited the US on holiday and could buy a binder, I had no good way to store my US patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally like my patterns in a clear sleeve that I can file in a 3 ring binder.

    BTW, I was a very happy camper when I was able to stop at JBW in Reno on my way back home to Bend, OR. My husband said, "It's just a yarn store." Well, he does not know of JBW's fame and greatness. I saw your video and am so happy for all your good fortune! I met the most wonderful lady named Jeanne who was just delightful. I told her that she has my dream job! I purchased some yummy Lorna's Laces yarn and a pattern. My LYS does not carry Lorna's Laces. I'm glad that I can always go to your website for items I can't get here. Your customer service is the best!

    Well, it's still cold here in Bend (got down to freezing last night), and I'm still wearing sweaters and jackets. I'm glad I got the Lorna's Laces (so soft and warm). Give Wiley and Buddy hugs for me.

    Ginny Faivre

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon your blog and had to leave a comment to tell you that I grew up in Truckee - the most wonderful place for growing up in the world. I know it's changed a lot in the almost 40 years since I left, but it's still 'home' to me. I'm a quilter and rug hooker.
    Gayle in UT
    dyeing2hook@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love having a folder! I would use it while traveling in the car or plane to keep my patterns neat. Just watched your cnn video, it was great! Took forever, still stuck in dial-up land! Keep up the Great work, you deserve all the best. Hope to get out to see your shop some day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the terrific feedback!

    I really love the idea of just having a stack on the front counter of the store...

    And, until we can figure out a way to 'ask' online customers if they would like one of the folders, shoot me an email with your name and address - and i'll put one in the mail for you!

    Send the email to info@jimmybeanswool.com and put "JBW FOLDER REQUEST" in the subject. :)

    ReplyDelete

FancyTheme