Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cheese and Crackers with Ann Norling

I had a celebrity at my house yesterday! Ann Norling - you know, the super famous pattern designer (remember the adorable fruit cap that Tyne Daly knit?) - came by around noon... We chatted and looked at yarn (she is also the sales rep for a ton of my favorite companies: Rowan, Nashua, Colinette, Crystal Palace, OWool, Tahki, etc...) - and i spent wayyyy too much money.
These reps know that i'm a sucker for new yarns (i guess that's why i work in a yarn store, eh?) - and will buy almost anything they put in front of me. Oh well - it could be worse - i could be in the concrete business... but that wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Ann (she actually goes by Marge - i think Ann is her middle name) is a terrific lady - and i always enjoy spending time with her... picking her brain, and sharing yarn stories. After 5 hours of yarn touching, feeling, petting, and then buying, we closed the yarn suitcases and brought out the cheese and crackers. Now, i think most reps meet their customers (yarn shop owners) at the actual store, but since i live an hour from the store - and my house is significantly quieter than the store (sans Buddy's constant attempt to get everyone to throw the ball) - i enjoy having the reps just come to my house. I know it's cruel and selfish ... to hoard all of the new yarn viewing to myself... but what can i say? :) Plus, it wouldn't be as fun if we couldn't share a glass of wine and listen to music afterwards!!

Anyway, after cheese and crackers, Marge took off (in her adorable Prius - did you know you start the car with the push of a button? If only they made those in 4wd!!) and i finished sewing some of my "scarves to throws" together. Here's a prelim pic - i'll take a better one later. Let me know what you think!
Post a Comment