Ecommerce Manager – Full Time
Reports To: Operations Manager
Prepared Date: September 2016
Jimmy Beans Wool has positioned itself to be a true leader in the yarn industry by creating and distributing a line of yarn products like non other found around the globe. Launched in 2002, Jimmy Beans Wool has been featured on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies every year from 2009 to 2014!
Fast forward to 2016 we are positioned to grow even bigger – and we need your help! As we continue our massive growth movement, we need a guru of all things planning, product and sourcing to join our team. This high value adding team member will channel their proven planning expertise and experience to help us effectively plan our programs and projects so we can achieve growth without the growing pains.
You will have the full support of our leadership team, report to our Operations Manager on a daily basis and be responsible for keeping us on target to meet our goals and deadlines.
Works ON and IN the Business
Budget, LMA, Quality Control, System Improvement, Reviews, Training
• Prioritizes lead/staff duties for the day/week
• Communicates all updates/action plans to Assistant Managers, staff, and supervisor
◦ Facilitates weekly E-commerce Level 10 meetings with the Customer Service and Fulfillment Assistant Managers
◦ Attends weekly Operations Level 10 meetings
• Trains employees on tasks
◦ Provides current, accurate, and timely training for all new employees
◦ Provides on-going mentoring/training for all Assistant Managers and staff
• Evaluates Employees
◦ Facilitates 30 day, 90 day, and annual evaluations of all Assistant Managers and provide management with relevant updates
• Ensures that daily/weekly goals are being met and communicates with management on status.
• Coaches and support staff
• Higher level strategic thinking
◦ Resource allocation
◦ Staffing needs now & in the near future
◦ Long term system adjustments
◦ Actively works with managers in other departments to ensure company goals are being reached.
• Conflict resolution, as needed (work with management & HR)
• Creates and communicates weekly reports to Operations Manager
Report should contain daily goal achievements, staffing updates, systems updates, training,
new methods, marketing tie-ins, volume tracking, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills.
- Quick learner. Detailed and process oriented.
Leadership Qualities we look for:
· Comfortable in the fast lane - experience with driving rapid growth and marketplace adaptation.
- Team player willing to take the lead when needed and lend a set of hands the rest of the time.
- Considerate of the cultural differences of our team, online and customer communities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, stand, walk, bend, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer business equipment [and other job/industry specific equipment]. The noise level in the work environment is usually mid - high level. There is exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, and temperature changes.
• Should be able to walk up to and sometimes more than 10K steps a day on cement floors
• Repetitive lifting, bending, and reaching
• Must be able to repeatedly lift boxes and other items weighing up to 30 pounds
• Sitting and/or standing for up to 8 hours at a time
• Pushing carts across warehouse
• May require looking at a computer screen and typing for up to 8 hours at a time
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.